It is possible to setup a number of alerts against a vehicle, to do this follow the below steps to access the Alerts menu:
- Highlight 1 vehicle from the vehicle list
- Select the 'Edit Asset' icon from the top navigation bar
There are several alerts available, the most commonly used alerts are:
- Hours - measures the number of hours passed (useful for if you want
- Distance - measures distance travelled and then notifies the end user. Useful for distance based service interval reminders.
- Date Based - notifies you when a certain date is reached, useful for date based service intervals.
- POI Alert - notifies you when a vehicle enters or leaves a POI
- Temp Change - trigger an alert based on a temperature probe going over or under a specified threshold value.
Depending on the alert type selected you will be presented with a list of fields to enter such as the target for the alert to trigger, any notifications to be sent leading up to the trigger date, and a list of the email addresses you wish to be notified. An example of date based and distance travelled alerts are as follows:
The most common alert is a POI Alert and can be used to notify you when a vehicle enters or leaves a POI. The alert can also be configured to only run during certain times of week days or weekends to tailor it to your requirements.
Temperature Alert - For customers who have temperature probes installed, it is also possible to create an alert based on a probe going over or under a temperature threshold value set by you. This is ideal for ensuring that transported goods remain at their intended temperature and alert you immediately if something is wrong.